Wednesday 20 December 2017

Christmas Stuff....

Yesterday Mark sent me a couple of photos from his department's festive breakfast.
The first one's taken in the pub near the factory where they meet up first thing.
(Mark's right at the top of the table next to his long time colleague and friend Ian.  They've shared the craziness of the same department and manager for 26 years!)
 
 
The second one is taken in a meeting room next to their 'section' in the office.
They get back to work at around 9.30, then it's business as usual for the rest of the day.
Mark received a vote for his outfit... but the guy wearing all the fairy lights was the clear winner!

 
We've been quite low key with the decorations this year... just a tree and cards.
Since Mark does 95% of the tree, I let him 'get away with' something larger than I would probably chose.  This year it's been a particularly good one, with plenty of space to show off the 'special' decorations that we've collected over 27 Christmases of marriage..

 
We've also used most of the gold and silver charity shop baubles that I picked up for a couple of pounds in Evesham a few years ago....

 
The photo is a bit blurry but you get the general idea....

 
This morning it's harp practice and housework until my parents call round at about 11-30.  This afternoon I've lots of teaching (two hours of harp and an hour and a half of piano).  Once I've finished I'm off to 'kitten sit' for a friend whose worried about leaving her teenage cat for the first time.  When I finally get home for supper I've got to wrap some presents for delivery tomorrow.
 
I can't believe it's less than a week until Christmas.!!!!
Jx

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun with everyone entering into the spirit. Your tree is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks lovely Jan. I'm present wrapping this afternoon, but don't have a single bit of Christmas spirit this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tree Jan it looks lovely. I'm on the look out for some luxury decorations in the sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time flies in the run up to Christmas! Lovely tree, and those decorations look beautiful. I think anyone would lose an outfit competition up against someone covered in fairy lights though, at least your hubby would have been comfortable at work for the rest of the day. Merry Christmas to you both xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is beautiful!! I love the decorations. Mark looks like he had a roaring time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
    I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
    I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete