Monday 5 January 2015

Well...........

Back to school this morning.  The 5.45 alarm wasn't pleasant (there should only be one 5 o'clock in the day and it certainly isn't that one!) but the rest of the day was filled with plenty of good news.


The Year 8 boy who was taken so ill with asthma just before Christmas, has made a great recovery and is now at home.  We hope to see him back in school as the term progresses and he fully regains his health.


My lovely colleague has decided to accept the school's informal offer of my job from September.  I am delighted because we have worked closely for years and I am confident that the pupils will be in excellent hands.


We have also found a way to make an early appointment to my colleague's role, starting from Easter.  We will be over-staffed for a few weeks when she returns from Maternity Leave - but this will allow us time to do a quality 'hand over' towards the end of the year.


23 Teaching Weeks and 4 Days to go...........
Jx

8 comments:

  1. Such wonderful news about the young man; what a huge relief for everyone who knows him. I'm also pleased to hear that things at work are going more smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad he is ok and getting better. Urgh, I agree about the 5's. I sloped out of bed after 7 and had to rush around and THAT was hard! Delighted about your colleague too!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy the boy is doing much better. Asthma is a scary thing. So happy too that you can walk away from the stress, knowing that the kids will be just fine. I cannot wait to see what adventures you have in "retirement".

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such good news about the little boy, and you sound happy about the job transition, so that's good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news about the student and also about your colleague taking over. You will feel more settled about it now:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news all round. I know the responsibility you feel towards your pupils so I'm sure your colleague taking on your role will ease your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear the boy is recovering. 23 weeks and 3 days now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello and thank you for following my blog. I'll look forward to reading more about your plans and how you get through the 23 weeks and 3 days until Freedom.

    ReplyDelete