Wednesday 19 April 2017

Door Opener in Chief!!!!

In just about an hour I'm leaving for a short break in North Wales with Mum and Dad.
Thomas was completely unimpressed with the idea that one of his 'servants' should be even considering the possibility of leaving him...
 

 
After all, who's going to fill his food bowl at 4.30???
Male servant never feeds him before 6.00!!!


 
I hope everyone plays nicely!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
I hope I don't come back to this scene when I get back on Saturday!!!
 
Basically Mum and Dad have always loved going away, and travelled extensively before this stage of Mum's HD took hold.  Last summer they had two holidays that didn't really 'work' because of Mum's needs and they lost all confidence in travelling, even cancelling a trip to a cottage with all the family at the end of October.
 
These three nights away are a kind of 'test trip' to see if we can find the right elements of a holiday for the next few years.  I'm going along to open doors for the wheel chair, share the pushing and help to keep everything calm.......
 
Will report back at the weekend.
Jx

9 comments:

  1. I know that feeeding and sorting at 3 or 4a.m. very well! Love Simon's Cat. I hope that your three days away work out well and that you can find a happy way of getting your parents on one or two breaks this year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed that it all goes well Jan so that your mum and dad regain their confidence in taking trips away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it all goes well and that you all have a lovely time. Mick and I had a few days in North Wales recently and we loved it so I'm very envious, you're staying in a beautiful part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it's a lovely getaway and you all enjoy yourselves. Cartoons were funny, yikes, hope the male servant survives your break too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the shorter trip goes well. Maybe they won't be able to have their grand travels any longer, but any change in routine will help their feeling of getting out and about in the world. I think about all the changes you have made to create a different kind of life, and I have so much admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the trip, I hope it's successful and that your parents will again be able to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your break. I hope everything goes well for your parents and you are able to discover what is required to find the right holiday for them. I also hope the house is in one piece on your return. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you well with your test holiday & hope the weather is kind, but above anything else, enjoy each others company. BTW, I owe you a long email & hope to get to that, at the weekend. April has turned into a monster month, so much going on, it's not funny.
    Hope the cat & master don't cause too much havoc. Take care & huggles.

    ReplyDelete